About Davis Career Center
We believe that our students should leave the Davis Center with the ability to advocate for themselves, become a contributing member of society, and live independently to the best of their ability. We empower our students by teaching them the life skills, social skills and work skills necessary to be a valuable asset to society
The Davis Center, a unique school focused on vocational and independent living skills for students’ with disabilities, works collaboratively as a school community to assess and implement appropriate individualized instruction and strives to stay current and informed about post secondary preparation, new technology, and best practices.
CORE VALUES AND BELIEFS
We believe that:
- Students will become productive and contributing members of society when provided with direct instruction focused on career and independent living skills.
- Students learn best when empowered, involved, encouraged, respected, and challenged in a safe environment.
- Students are prepared for life when provided with self-advocacy, problem-solving and productive communication skills.
- The optimal learning environment encompasses active involvement between school, home, and community.
- All of our students have the potential to learn the skills needed to be successful in our school and to generalize those skills to be successful in life.
- High expectations are critical to students’ success.